Churches often find it a struggle to find opportunities to send their people on short term mission trips,
I have GREAT news!!
I am pleased to say i have a few you may be able to share with them!!!
Christian Surfers host many short-term mission opportunities. Most of these are managed nationally with restrictions on those who can join from outside the Christian Surfers organisation.
Click here for a list of all CS affiliates.
Christian Surfers International Short-Term Outreaches
- Surfing Missions is an extension of CS El Salvador that organises and hosts mission trips to El Salvador. Under a surf and serve concept, this family operated agency offer several ministry opportunities and take care of your local transportation, lodging and meals. You'll stay in a private and safe beach villa, just steps from great surf. Visit Surfing Missions for more info.
- After a successful first year, Joyo's Surf Camp in G-Land are keen to host chaplains again for the coming season. This year they cannot afford to host for free, but will offer a discount on accommodation. We are looking for people to stay for one month at a time for each month of the surf season and be a direct presence and witness in the surf camp. Contact Tim Hartnett for more info.
- CS Florianopolis in Brazil run a Surf House, which they would love to have people visit. It's in a beautiful area with great surf and they are running a wonderful outreach ministry. Visit their website for more info and watch this video to see the exciting things they have going there.
- Walking on Water have a variety of mission opportunites throughout the year. Visit their website for more info.
- Surfing the Nations. Honolulu, Hawaii. Year round discipling and missions courses. Visit their website for more info.
- PI Indonesia. Special surfer mission trips are provided for islands off Bali with another established mission organization. Visit Shemah Tours for more info.